The process of obtaining disability is not only frustrating, but also complex and lengthy in most cases. Some people seem to get disability almost right away when they apply for it without the need for a lawyer, while most require legal help to get what they deserve. A disability lawyer in Tacoma will know if your disability claim is worth the fight. Not everyone qualifies for disability even if they cannot work. The following will cover what a disability lawyer can do if he or she accepts your case.
1) Review – A lawyer will first review your case. One of the primary problems with disability applications is that they are done without legal help. The review is necessary for ensuring you are eligible for benefits.
2) File documents – You will need to fill out and file documents for your appeal when a claim is rejected in the first phase of the process. Being denied benefits after filing the initial paperwork can be discouraging. Don’t let that stop you from at least consulting with an attorney about disability.
3) Evidence gathering – Paperwork like financial, work, medical, and other records will be needed for your lawyer to prepare and build your claim for disability for the hearing. Some documents will have to come from you and some your lawyer can request.
4) Acclimate – Lawyers acclimate your to the process before a hearing takes place. You will be prepared before you go to the hearing so you know the dos and don’ts of the process.
5) Answers Questions – You don’t have to be clueless during the process of filing for and claiming disability benefits. Your lawyer will be happy to answer any questions you have to ease your mind.
Something you can do before you take advantage of a free initial consultation is make a list of questions and concerns you want to address with the attorney. This will save time which the lawyer will appreciate as well. Todd R. Renda Attorney at law provides representation for people with disability issues they need resolved. You will find out if you qualify for benefits and have legal representation on your side.
Be the first to like.