Plastic surgery is a reconstructive procedure that corrects defects because of injuries resulting from burns, old age, and physical trauma. As with any surgical procedure, you want to ensure your Cosmetic Surgeons in Sarasota FL have the qualifications and experience needed to perform your specific plastic surgery. Unlike other types of surgeries, plastic surgery does not repair tissues that have been damaged. Instead, it is performed to change the facial look of a person to help them achieve that what they feel is the best appearance. The procedure can include breast augmentation, which is enlargement and reduction of female breasts, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks liposuction.
The primary objective of plastic surgery is to ensure that the affected tissues work as they should. Although plastic surgery improves the appearance of the affected body parts, it is secondary to the procedure.
Plastic surgery can help with:
- Repairing abnormalities due to birth defects, such as birthmarks, webbed fingers and cleft lips.
- Damages caused to the face or breast by procedures to remove cancerous tissues
- Severe burns and injuries sustained in accidents
- Plastic surgery has been on the forefront to help people restore their self-esteem following a surgery to correct an abnormality that resulted from an injury, birth defect or illness.
Numerous conditions may necessitate plastic surgery to be performed. Each situation may require a specific surgical procedure to be used. Below are conditions at birth that may be corrected using surgical plastic surgery.
- Palate and cleft lip-this is a condition that affects the lips (upper and lower lip).
- Birthmarks-They include haemangiomas, which is caused by abnormalities of the capillaries and other blood vessels
- Conditions that May Develop Later in Life
Plastic surgery procedures can repair and restore damaged tissues due to conditions that affect a person later in life. They include:
- Cancer-Plastic surgery can repair or improve the appearance of the skin after the removal or tissues affected by cancer cells
- Trauma -; Severe fractures and other injuries that break the skin can also be corrected using plastic surgery
- Infections- The procedure can be used to remove dead tissues and reconstruct the surrounding area.
Other conditions may include rheumatoid arthritis, venous ulcers, and facial palsy among others. Cosmetic Surgeons Sarasota FL have been practicing Sarasota Premier Aesthetics for many years and are better suited to discuss with you the best possible procedure to help you receive the best look.
Be the first to like.