When it comes to getting a good education for your children, many
parents today are bucking the more traditional methods and looking
into a Montessori School in NJ, instead. Today’s schools have
become so structured that kids don’t get very much playtime in to
learn. No playtime and all learning can quickly turn a child off
learning and turn their focus somewhere else instead.
If you are trying to decide if attending a montessori school in NJ, is the right choice montessori school in NJor your child, read on below for a few of the pros and cons to help you decide.
The Pros of Montessori
There are of course many advantages to sending your child to a
Montessori school. You can read on below for a few of them.
1. Children learn at their own pace, by playing, instead of
adhering to a focused curriculum
2. Hands-on learning and exploring are greatly encouraged.
3. Teachers have to be specially trained in the Montessori Method
before they are allowed to teach the children
4. This type of education is not reward based as in schools where
students receive grades and awards.
5. There is no testing; the students and teachers keep portfolios
6. You learn through using all five senses, which is a core reason
to choose this method of teaching.
7. Typically, classes are held five days a week, even in preschool
8. Homework is never given to be just busy work for the student
The Cons of Montessori
There are of course disadvantages to choosing the Montessori
Method as well. These are listed below.
1. Many public schools do not offer this method of teaching, so
you may have to opt for private school, which can have steep tuition.
2. Not all parents approve of the no structured learning system,
and feel that all play isn’t the best way for their child to learn.
These are just a few of the pros and cons you will want to
consider when deciding whether to use the Montessori Method for
teaching your child. You can visit Alpine
Montessori for more information today. You should weigh the pros
and cons carefully, and then make your decision based on your
Be the first to like.