Basements are not always a welcoming place in a home. When a basement is overly damp or even flooded, the space cannot be used. Unfortunately, homeowners do not always recognize the warning signs of moisture in their basement. Being able to recognize these signs will help a homeowner to know when they need to call for basement waterproofing in Boston MA. Prompt waterproofing services will protect the basement and the home’s foundation, so water damage does not continue and the space is made useful again.
Signs a Basement Needs Waterproofing
Waterproofing a basement seals in the materials and helps to prevent flooding and moisture problems from occurring. Basements that are not treated can slowly allow the seepage of water to occur which can lead to damage. The following are some of the signs a homeowner may notice when they need to seek the professionals for basement waterproofing in Boston MA.
- If the walls of the basement are water-stained, this a telltale sign of water issues that needs to be addressed right away.
- A white, chalky substance on the blocks of a basement means water is seeping through and leaving behind efflorescence.
- Mold and mildew problems are also a concerning sign when there are water problems in a basement. Even if a homeowner does not see the mold or mildew, they should be able to smell a musty smell in their basement.
- Foundation cracks can begin to occur when a basement has a water problem. As the water continues to wreak havoc on the basement and foundation, cracks will begin to rise in numbers.
- High humidity levels in a basement should never be ignored because this likely means the basement is not properly sealed. High humidity levels should never be ignored in a basement.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are dealing with any of the above signs, now is the time to call for waterproofing services. They are the basement waterproofing professionals homeowners can rely on to ensure their basement is properly sealed and dry. Call them today to schedule your services right away.
Be the first to like.