Brow lift surgery, also known as a browplasty, blepharoplasty or forehead lift, has always been popular. For the past ten years, it has continuously made it into the top ten of cosmetic procedures. In Grand Rapids, it is a familiar and common technique for clinics to perform. This is particularly valid for women over 55.
The Purpose of a Brow Lift
Brow lifts may serve one of several purposes. In general, these are cosmetic procedures requested to achieve the following:
- Wrinkle Reduction: Those that run across your forehead or between your eyes
- Frown Line Reduction: Decreases those located between your eyebrows
Overall, the intent of brow lifts is to improve the overall appearance of those who qualify for the procedure.
Qualifying for Brow Surgery
For you to qualify as a candidate in Grand Rapids, you need to be able to follow the instructions of your doctor and/or surgeon. You also need meet certain conditions. These include the following:
- Being Healthy: You must be both physically and emotionally in good health
- A Non-Smoker: You should stop smoking before you allow the surgery to go ahead.
- Be realistic: Brow surgery is not the solution for everything. Depending upon what type of surgery you undergo, the results may vary. The condition of your skin, age, and other factors may help to determine the effectiveness of the procedure
In order to help with the recovery time and to reduce the potential for risks during and following the surgery, patients must not take any form of anti-coagulant drug. This includes common brand names such as Aspirin and any medication containing acetylsalicylic acid.
Brow Lift: Surgical or Non-Surgical Procedure
This particular procedure may fall into the surgical or non-surgical categories. In general, several types of brow lift surgery can be performed. These include:
The choice of procedure will be arrived at through consultation with your surgeon. It is based ultimately on the condition as well together with the method that will achieve the best possible outcome. You need to carefully consider your options. You also must comprehend the potential risks of any of the procedures.
Brow Lift Surgery
When it comes time to undergo a brow lift in Grand Rapids, Missouri, be sure you are fully aware of not only your options but the potential issues. Research the procedures. Talk to your doctor and consult specialists in the field. Be an informed patient. This will help you make the right decision regarding both the procedure for your brow lift surgery and the surgeon who will perform it.
Be the first to like.