Today’s water heaters are meant to last for ten to fifteen years and work seamlessly to ensure a home has the hot water supply it needs. Unfortunately, problems can arise that can cause the need for Water heater repair. Home-owners need to be fully aware of these signs so they can know to contact the professionals for service.
* Hot water heaters are lined with a special barrier to prevent corrosion. Hard water can cause this layer to begin breaking down and cause the metal to rust. When this happens, the tank needs to be replaced before major leaks begin occurring. Signs of corrosion include rusty water coming out of the faucets.
* When a heater is making strange noises, it needs to be checked right away. Buzzing sounds could signal electrical problems and whining, or banging could mean there are corrosive elements floating around in the tank and banging against the sides.
* Leaks around a water heater should never be ignored. Leaks and electricity can cause shock injuries and even death. When puddles of water are found around the base of the tank, or it is dripping, professionals need to come out for Water heater repair.
* Water heaters that are failing often cannot keep up with the hot water demands of the household. The hot water may run out during baths or showers, or it may not be as hot as it once was. This often means the heating element has been damaged and needs to be replaced.
* If a water heater is constantly tripping an electric breaker, it needs to be checked by a plumber right away. This often means the wiring is going bad and causing surges of electricity. This can be dangerous and can lead to fires in the home.
Through these services, hot water heating units can be inspected and properly repaired, so they stay working at the right level. Should a new unit be needed, they can also provide installation services. Contact them today to schedule an appointment for water heater service.
Be the first to like.