It may become necessary to have your ducts clean. You may need to hire a company or individual who specializes in air duct cleaning. In MA, finding one is not difficult. If you go online or look in the Yellow Pages, several names will be found. You may also find some through flyers and even through phone calls. The problem is not finding them. The issue is avoiding choosing a bad one.
What Should Raise Red Flags
When talking to or reading about an air duct cleaning company or individual, be aware of what they write or say. Be wary of those who:
- Recommend that air duct cleaning be incorporated on a regular basis as annual or sooner maintenance
- Automatically insist they need to apply or utilize chemical biocides or chemical treatments even if you have questions
- Will not tell you what chemicals they will use or what methods they prefer
- Make exorbitant claims as to the health benefits you and your family will realize after an air duct cleaning procedure
- Do not have certification from or association with the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)
- Claim to be approved or certified by the EPA – they do not have any involvement with air duct cleaning companies
- Will not provide you with references of any type
- Have only recently set up business as air duct cleaners and have previously been involved in something unrelated and different
- Are not knowledgeable about not only the NADCA standards but also North American Insulation Manufacturers Association’s (NAIMA) recommendations concerning the cleaning of air ducts constructed from or insulated with fiber glass
- Do not possess accreditation from the right organizations, schools and organizations and are not certified. Although MA does not require special licensing, some states, such as AZ, CA, FL, GA, MI and TX do. If they do not have a license, they should not be duct cleaning your residence, business or institution, let alone any other
- Are vague about pricing, the time it will take and other related matters
- Do not state how they will protect you, your family, your pets and belongings during the process
These companies should raise red flags. Check further on their record with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Do an online search to obtain reviews on their ability to perform air duct cleaning with skill and finesse.
Making the Right Decision about Air Duct Cleaning
When it comes to finding the right air duct cleaning in MA, knowing what you need to avoid is important. Make sure you are aware of what is required for a company to operate legally and responsibly while producing high quality work. Understanding what to avoid, will help you narrow down the various potential air duct cleaning companies to the one that will perform the best job possible.
2 people like this post.