Dealing with ongoing back pain can be burdensome. Mobility concerns and difficulty in overcoming pain can cause a person to feel overwhelmed. Most people do not wish to have any type of surgical procedure carried out, yet they want pain relief. Fortunately, there are some treatment options that can help. Through Non-Operative Spine, Care Norman pain relief can be found, and mobility can be increased or restored.
There are many non-operative treatment options for treating ongoing pain in the back. To find out which option will be beneficial, a doctor will first take a patient’s health history, symptoms and mobility level into account. Diagnostic testing is also performed to find the reason for the chronic pain. Treatment options may include:
* Prescription pain medications can provide relief from pain but should not be used long-term. Options for treatment may include a combination of analgesics, muscle relaxers, steroids, and narcotics.
* Massage therapy can work wonders towards helping patients who are dealing with muscle stiffness. This type of therapy is often used in conjunction with other types of the best results.
* A TENS unit (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) can help to control localized areas of pain. These machines feature pads that are connected by wiring to the unit. This machine delivers low levels of electrical currents to help the patient control their pain level. TENS units are a popular choice for patients receiving Non-Operative Spine Care Norman. Click here to get more details.
* Steroid injections are sometimes placed into the spine via a catheter. This sends medications to the areas of the back that are causing discomfort. This can speed up the healing process and effectively stops the pain.
* Physical therapy can often be used to help patients regain their level of mobility. Through guided exercises, patients are able to strengthen their back muscles, so they have more support.
If you are dealing with ongoing back pain, Non-Operative Spine Care Norman may be an option. For further information, contact Longevity Joint Spine Pain. They will be happy to schedule you a consultation appointment so you can learn more about your treatment options. Through treatment, you can finally overcome your back pain and get back to leading a normal life.
Be the first to like.