The most significant barrier to in-home comfort during the humid Ohio summers is high cooling bills. These tips will help you save money on your Dublin, Ohio HVAC while you keep cool through the summer.
* Use the automatic setting on your programmable thermostat. By using “auto” instead of “on”, your equipment will only run when your home’s temperature drops below the number on your thermostat.
* Take advantage of your Dublin, Ohio HVAC contractor’s maintenance agreement. You’ll get a tuneup every year and a discount if you need repairs or new equipment. Properly maintained air conditioners are more energy-efficient and cost less to operate.
* Check your air ducts for leaks and make necessary repairs. You may be losing air into parts of your home that don’t need it.
* Use ceiling fans to your advantage. Ceiling fans are very effective at circulating the cool air throughout a room so you can set your thermostat a little higher and still be comfortable.
* Use your programmable thermostat to your advantage. There is no reason to pay to cool an empty house. Set your thermostat to come on shortly before you arrive home for the day and turn if off while you are away.
Plant leafy trees on the sunny side of your home to give you shade from the hot sun and reduce your reliance on your air condition in the summer.
* Keep your blinds or shades closed during the day to block the sun from heating your home. The less sun you allow in, the less your air conditioner has to work to cool your house.
* Add insulation to your basement or attic to prevent the loss of your cool air to spaces you don’t use. Your Dubin, Ohio HVAC contractor can tell you if you need additional insulation.
* Change your air conditioner’s filter so it doesn’t have to work so hard to cool your home. Filter should be changed at least once every month. However, many homeowners change them more frequently.
* If your air conditioning unit is nearing the end of its life span or is in constant need of repairs, buy a new, more energy-efficient unit. Your Dublin, Ohio HVAC contractor can help you choose the best air conditioner for your home.
Be the first to like.