So you’ve decided to do some remodeling in your home and one of the major projects you’ve decided to tackle is the kitchen floor. You’ve got your new flooring narrowed down to just a few options but you’re still not sure whether or not you want to go with that beautiful marble or onyx tile or something a little simpler like a nice vinyl.
One of the best ways to help your decision move along and get the job done is to consider the pros and cons of the options you have left on the table. Let’s take a quick look at some of the benefits and drawbacks of stone flooring. If you need additional information, it may not hurt to talk to some stone, marble, and onyx dealers in Lawrence KS.
Some drawbacks to stone and tile could include:
* Difficult or troublesome installation. A good stone and onyx dealers in Lawrence, KS will have experienced installers on hand that can make easier work of this though.
* High maintenance requirements; it usually requires regular sealing and cleaning in order to maintain quality and appearance.
* Keeping the floor clean can sometimes be difficult under certain circumstances.
* Genuine stone flooring can tend to be a bit pricey, ranging somewhere between $5 and $15 per square foot. Higher quality stone can be even more expensive.
* Susceptible to cracks, etching, and staining. This may not be the best option for homes with large, high energy pets or children that tend to be inattentive in their actions.
Some benefits to stone and tile may be:
* Beauty. Very few flooring options can provide the quality look and feel that you can get with this type of surface.
* A unique look and feel. Due to the nature of this type of flooring, you know you’re going to end up with something that nothing else will exactly resemble. Even if somebody you know uses the same type of stone, the patterns and textures will always vary from floor to floor.
* A wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns to choose from. No stone formation is ever exactly like another and mother nature knows variety better than any manufacturing plant. Your choices are virtually endless.
Be the first to like.