During a facial fat transfer procedure, the fat is moved from areas where there is excessive fat, such as your abdomen, and injects it into areas that are lacking the volume, such as your face. This procedure is safe and long lasting; in fact, in many cases it offers permanent results. It also helps produce natural looking results. However, if you are considering this procedure, you may want to know some of the specific pros and cons it offers.
Benefits of a Fat Transfer Procedure
There are several benefits offered by facial fat transfer, which includes:
- Uses fat from your body instead of dermal fillers. As a result, you are replacing “like with like” which reduces the chance you will suffer an allergic reaction because of a foreign substance.
- You have an unlimited supply of fat to make the transfers.
- The fat transfer process is natural and extremely long lasting, as well as safe.
- The fat transfer is considered to be a noninvasive method that will help you achieve facial rejuvenation.
Cons of the Fat Transfer Process
While there are several advantages offered by facial fat transfer, there are also several disadvantages you should be aware of. These include:
- The process is time-consuming and the fat tissue has to be prepared before it is transferred. If you were to use dermal fillers, they arrive prepackaged.
- While the transfer will last longer than traditional dermal fillers, the procedure will also cost more. The long term cost; however, is lower.
As you can see, there are several things to consider if you are considering having a facial fat transfer procedure done. Being informed is the best way to make sure you make a decision that is right for you and that you will be able to live with.
Learn more about the facial fat transfer process by visiting the MetroMD website.
Be the first to like.