A smile is worth a thousand words, right? Well, what if you didn’t smile at all because of crooked teeth? It would do serious damage to your self-esteem, wouldn’t it? This is why dentists come up with new procedures to help correct issues like this. Braces in Ripon WI are one of those methods, and for the past few decades, dentists have been slowly perfecting the procedure.
Installation of braces, timing and treatment process
How long the treatment takes is impossible to say in advance. It depends on the degree of deformation, as well as the patient’s age. The younger the patient, the faster the healing process. Approximate timing consists of:
* Repairing the position of one tooth can last up to six months;
* Treatment of several teeth occurs throughout the year; and
* When you change the size and shape of the jaw, a patient can spend about two years with the braces attached.
Treatment braces: advantages and disadvantages
Before you install braces on yourself or your child, you may wonder if it’s worth it. Before making a decision you should know about any reviews, and get a realistic assessment of the advantages and disadvantages.
The undoubted benefits include:
* A perfect, regular and totally symmetrical smile
* Treatment with braces can be done imperceptibly
* Braces in Ripon WI can be used on anyone, even the worst cases
* All reviews confirm that the treatment does not harm tooth enamel
If braces are your final decision, you should be aware of some inconveniences and disadvantages:
* The high price. Moreover, it is difficult to predict it in advance. The cost to put braces in is determined by a physician only after examination.
* Enhanced oral hygiene. You’ll have to brush your teeth and braces after every meal. Reviews say that food particles can get stuck in the braces.
* If you decide to wear braces, you should forget about solid food for a while. Nor can you eat any type of chewing gum and sweets like butterscotch.
* Treatment is can take several years.
* Discomfort in the mouth may occur after you start wearing braces. This will usually clear up after the first week. You may even see a slight speech impairment.
Dentistry allows you to correct issues like crooked teeth and malocclusion. For this purpose, it offers different types of braces. For more information contact Silver Creek Dentistry.
Be the first to like.