When you want to gain control of your finances and learn how too much debt can hurt you, then you could likely benefit from the services of Credit Counselling in Edmonton. Credit counseling companies offer services to help individuals, couples and even businesses, get rid of their excessive debt with education and assistance.
Reputable Credit Counseling Services
In reference to information provided by the Federal Trade Commission, any reputable credit counselling service is one that will advise a consumer on debt and money management and then instruct them on how to develop a budget and provide them with free educational services, which can help them to solve their financial issues.
These services are also able to provide assistance for people to create a more affordable and practical debt repayment plan through the use of negotiating with creditors, having fees and charges waved and the creation of a workable budget.
Types of Credit Counseling Companies
There are basically two different types of credit counseling and management services, including not-for-profit and for-profit services.
1. Not for profit: these services charge less fees than the for profit services. There are many that actually offer free counseling sessions.
2. For profit: these services work to ensure their own interests and charge inflated fees and typically less-than-desirable services.
Why You May Need Credit Counseling Services
When you call a credit counseling service, they can help you remove stresses related to financial issues. If you find that you are stuck at a dead end concerning your financial situation, then the helpful credit analysts will work to improve your current situation and help you to get back on track. The primary function of a credit counselling agency is to help and reduce your debt by:
1. Having interest rates on credit cards reduced
2. Eliminating any late fees or additional charges
3. Reducing debt settlements
4. Consolidating loans into an easy to handle monthly payment
There are also a number of benefits offered when you receive services from a credit counselor, which include:
1. Helping you to keep a good credit score
2. Having your interest fees reduced
3. Helping to create repayment plans with creditors on your behalf
4. Helping you obtain new lines of credit
5. Helping you to learn how to manage your finances properly
When you invest in credit counseling services, there are a number of benefits you can see. Each of these will help you get back on the path to financial health.
Could you benefit from credit counseling Edmonton? If so, visit the 4 Pillars website for more information.
Be the first to like.