Helpful Steps For Black Mold Removal in Wichita

Black mold is a type of fungus that’s very prevalent outside and inside homes of across the United States. Outside, this particular fungus doesn’t pose much of a problem. However, when inside, black mold can cause a number of problems for your home and your health. It’s a known fact that black mold can cause respiratory issues, such as asthma and lung infections, as well as skin rashes and eye irritation. Let’s take a look at a step-by-step approach to Black Mold Removal in Wichita.

Before you begin cleaning anything remember to protect your eyes, nose, and skin. Mold gives off tiny spores which travel in the air. Since you’ll be in close proximity of the affected area, be sure to wear gloves, goggles, and a face mask. These items will prevent you from having your skin infected by the mold, as well as prevent you from inhaling the dangerous air-borne spores.

Although professional services like ACT Emergency Clean up have useful products you can use, there are certain everyday cleaning products that can be used as well. The most popular product is bleach. Bleach is a very strong chemical, and has the necessary chemical properties to destroy practically all types of mold. Use a mixture of bleach and water with a ratio of 1:10 — using just bleach could damage the surface under the mold. Place this mixture in a spray bottle and spray the infected area, allowing the mixture to sit for several minutes. Also make sure that you’re in a heavy ventilated area to avoid the harsh fumes.

After the solution has set begin cleaning the infected area; use old rags that you’ll be throwing away afterwards. If the mold is difficult to remove, consider using more of the solution. After cleaning the area, remember not to use water to wipe away the bleach mixture. Letting the bleach mixture sit on the surface after cleaning will ensure that the tiny remain spores die off completely.

Taking preventative steps is important after Black Mold Removal in Wichita. Where did the mold come from? Mold needs moisture in order to sit and grow. Make sure to look for leaks and make repairs if necessary. If there’s an area of your home that stays humid, ventilate the area or use a dehumidifier. Taking these steps will work to prevent mold from ever forming.

Be the first to like.

Shares