Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral made of microscopically thin fibers. The fibers are resistant to heat, fire, electricity and chemical damage, and they are strong and affordable as well. While it sounds like the world’s perfect material, studies have shown repeated exposure to asbestos can cause serious, even fatal, health problems.The reason this seemingly miraculous material is dangerous is because the fibers are so small they can travel through the air undetected where they are then inhaled into the lungs.
Once in the lungs, the fibers embed themselves in the tissue and can remain there for many years before any symptoms show up. Once there are symptoms, it is often too late for effective treatment.It seems the best thing to do to avoid such health issues is to avoid exposure to Asbestos in CT. If you do come across asbestos at any time, be sure not touch it or disturb it any way, and avoid being near the area until a professional trained in the containment and removal tells you it is safe.Asbestos in CT is no longer used due to the dangers it presents, but it was not long ago that it was an extremely common material used as insulation in many buildings of all types.
Because of the past use, it is still relatively common to come across asbestos in a home built more than a few years ago. Asbestos, when contained properly, does not seem to pose any type of threat, but it is best to consult with a professional removal company to evaluate the situation in order to be sure. A professional removal service can come in and make sure the asbestos in a home is safe to be around and remove it if need be. In fact, experts recommend it be removed.The important thing to remember if you discover Asbestos in CT is that you should never, under any circumstances, attempt to remove it yourself. The danger of asbestos exposure comes from the fibers being disturbed, and without the proper equipment you are almost certainly exposing yourself and others to unnecessary danger.
Be the first to like.