If you find yourself in the midst of a harrowing cockroach infestation, you’ll have to act quickly in order to protect your property, safeguard your food sources, and most importantly, ensure the healthy and safety of everyone onsite.
In this regard, it’s important to note that your local pest removal services represent the foremost resource for dealing with a cockroach infestation in today’s day and age. Therefore, it’s in your best interests to learn more about the nature of these creepy-crawlies before scheduling a professional extermination – especially if you’ve noticed a few different species cavorting around your premises.
Vital Facts about Roaches
Although cockroaches cannot survive a nuclear explosion (this fallacy has been debunked through countless scientific studies), these bugs are quite resilient:
- Cockroaches have been around for over 280 million years, and each species features an average lifespan of about one year.
- A cockroach can survive more than a week without a head.
- The typical cockroach can remain submerged under water for more than 30 minutes.
- Newborn cockroaches can reach adulthood in as little as 36 days, which means that a cockroach infestation can spiral out of control in the blink of an eye.
- Roaches have evolved to avoid getting squashed or caught – they can scurry around your home at a fervent pace of more than three miles per hour.
To boot, it’s worth mentioning that cockroaches have been known to carry a wide range of dangerous diseases, including Salmonellosis, Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Dysentery, Campylobacteriosis, and several others.
Tending to the Issue
You can try some DIY deterrents, such as spraying mint essential oils around the most integral areas of your home, to help contain a cockroach infestation in Savannah, GA. However, these solutions will merely mask the issue instead of addressing the source of the problem. As such, the only way to truly eradicate an infestation is to partner with a reputable team of exterminators, such as Savannah Termite and Pest Control for instance.
These professionals will facilitate an exhaustive site assessment and provide a fee-free quote, after which they’ll utilize a wide range of contemporary strategies, tactics, and tools to completely resolve the problem and deter any future infestations – so make the call today, there isn’t a moment to spare. Browse website for more information.
2 people like this post.