Mom is getting out of the hospital. You work full time. Your siblings work full time and dad has passed away. What are you going to do? There are so many options available to people today for the increasing needs of aging parents. Nursing care is now mobile to help assist you and your family with the best care available. A few things to keep in mind to ask when choosing nursing care in Washington DC for your family is:
* The agency Medicare approved?
* What type of background check does the agency do on their employees?
* There patient confidentiality?
* A nursing supervisor on call in case of an emergency?
* How long as the agency been in business?
* Do they offer therapeutic exercises?
* Does the agency write a care plan for the patient?
* Does the agency give you a list of references for anyone coming into the home?
* Does the agency have a current license in the state?
* Will the agency nurse be responsible for proper administration of medications?
Many types of nursing care in Washington DC are not only nurses. A CNA which stands for Certified Nursing Assistants or GNAs which are Geriatric Nursing Assistants can help your loved one with:
* Shopping and errands.
* Doctor appointment assistance.
* Reminding of medications needed.
* Moving and lifting into bed.
* Small housekeeping and laundry needs.
Just because you cannot personally be there to care for your loved one, does not mean there are not services available to them to give you peace of mind. Many services listed above can be on an hourly basis or on a live-in basis. Making sure your loved one is eating properly can also be taken care of by a CNA or GNA by preparing your loved one’s meals on a daily basis.
In-home care is convenient and simple when you choose the proper agency. In-home nursing care can also keep your loved one comfortable in their own home. Your loved one will also feel more secure in their home than in some type of nursing home or personal care home. Security for your love one can be found at SpecialtyCareServices.com.
Be the first to like.